Injured in a car accident?
Contact Our Professional Car Accident Attorneys in Midland Or Odessa.
DON’T DELAY! CALL CLAY
Over 6 million car accidents occur annually on US roads. Fortunately, most of these accidents only involve property damage as opposed to serious injuries. However, when injuries do occur, they usually turn out to be life-changing. If you are involved in a car accident, it’s important to understand your rights and entitlements.
If you’ve sustained injuries in a car accident in Midland and Odessa owing to the carelessness or negligence of another party, it’s best to consult experienced car accident attorneys in Midland and Odessa.
Midland and Odessa car wreck attorneys at the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess have the skills, knowledge, and expertise to handle complicated car accident cases. We offer a free initial consultation and charge no fees unless we make a recovery.
Car Accident Statistics in Midland and Odessa
The state of Midland and Odessa leads the nation in the number of car accident fatalities. Approximately 3,000 people die every year in car crashes. 2016 witnessed a staggering 5.45% increase in car accidents compared to the previous year. As per statistics available with the Midland and Odessa Department of Transportation (TDOT), 3,773 lives were lost in 2016. Of this, 26% lost their lives due to drunken driving.
Types of Vehicles Involved in Fatal Accidents in Midland and Odessa
- Tractor trailers
- Passenger cars
Important Steps to Take After a Car Accident
Get in touch with the police:
Irrespective of the severity of accident, always get in touch with the police when an accident occurs. This ensures that no facts are twisted. Some habitual defaulters tend to employ fake witnesses and false information to change the story after an accident. A police report will prevent this from happening.
Obtain the crash report:
All crash reports are finally drafted by the state’s Department of Transportation. The time required to obtain a crash report ranges from 7-14 days. Sometimes, you can also obtain the crash report from the local body that investigated the car accident.
- Seek medical attention:
If you get involved in an automobile collision, it’s vital to assess the injuries and seek the assistance of a medical professional. Getting a medical report soon after an accident is important to file a claim successfully.
Important Points to Remember After a Car Accident
- Insurance companies tend to protect their own interests: You should never forget that insurance companies are in the business to make profits. Thus, insurance adjusters make utmost effort to pay out minimum possible compensation.
- Property damage and injury claims are separate: Payment for damage to property is not an admission of liability for personal injuries. Insurance adjusters may treat you fairly for property damage but this doesn’t mean they’ll do the same for your personal injury claim.
- Never sign a release without the advice of an attorney: A release is legally binding. Thus, when an insurance adjuster offers a settlement in exchange of a release, it means you are giving up all your rights of adjusting the compensation amount.
- Never provide any recorded statement: An insurance adjuster may use your recorded statement to reject your claim. It’s best to stay away from providing any such statement.
Reach Out to Our Midland and Odessa Injury Attorneys Today
Common Car Accident Injuries
- Bone fracture
- Back, neck, and spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Mental anguish
- Amputation and loss of limbs
- Scars and disfigurement
In case of wrongful death, a spouse or financially-dependent family member can assert the right to compensation for the following losses:
- Loss of inheritance
- Loss of love and support
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of care
Seek the Assistance of Car Accident Lawyers
Midland and Odessa car crash attorneys at the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess offer FREE initial consultation. We are a bunch of compassionate, enthusiastic, determined advocates committed to getting justice for our clients. From handling complicated car accidents to managing some of the most critical wrongful death lawsuits, our car accident lawyers in Midland and Odessa have helped their clients win millions of dollars in settlement over the years.
Once we take up a case, we see it as our responsibility to protect the rights and interests of our clients. OurMidland and Odessa car accident attorneys are driven by passion, hard work, creativity, and genuine compassion to ensure that our clients get the compensation they are entitled to.
Types of Automobile Accidents Handled By Us
- Car and pedestrian collision
- Bicycle accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Single car accidents
- Construction zone wrecks