Ineffective safety programs
Employees in the oil and gas extraction industry continue to be at high risk of injuries and accidents. The constant pressure on them for enhanced productivity, greater physical demands, and long working hours also take a heavy toll. These factors ultimately hamper worker safety.
Ways to Improve Safety for Oil and Gas Workers
- Monitor your employees’ mental health: For increased safety, it’s important to build a sense of community and trust with workers which will make it easier for them to obey rules, ask for assistance, seek advice, and admit mistakes.
- Team up with emergency response organizations: Safety and health professionals need to work together to ensure that all emergencies are handled on an urgent basis. It’s also advisable to take emergency responders on a tour of the worksite to give them an adequate idea of potential emergencies.
- Ensure familiarity: Before work begins, make sure that the employees understand their role, and are made aware of all the hazards that exist and the safety precautions to take.
- Conduct regular maintenance checks: To avert accidents, it’s important to prevent premature machine failure. Ensure that there are regular maintenance checks of the machinery and equipment.
When it comes to oilfield worksites, it never hurts to stay prepared. It’s important to understand that it’s the employer’s duty to protect their employees and ensure a safe workplace.
Seek Legal Assistance
In an oilfield accident, the lawyer representing your case needs to be familiar with the oil industry. Specialist oilfield accident attorneys in Midland and Odessa at the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess have more than two decades of experience in handling complicated cases.
We work on a contingent agreement basis which means that we receive compensation only when we resolve a case successfully and win monetary compensation.
Reach out to us for a FREE initial review of your case!
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERS IN LAFAYETTE? REACH OUT TO US INSTANTLY!
Call our office today for a FREE initial review of your car accident case. Our legal representatives work on a contingent basis which means that our solicitors only charge fees when you receive your compensation.
Don’t Delay! You may have a valid claim! Let our attorneys in Lafayette help you get reimbursement before the statute of limitation expires!
Parties Represented by Personal Injury Lawyer Receive Nearly 3.5 Times More Money in a Settlement Than Those Without an Attorney.
– Insurance Research Council Study 2004