MidLand Odessa Truck Accident Attorney
The chances of getting into a car accident at least one time in your life is extremely high, especially due to the vast increase of vehicles on the road these days. If an individual gets into a crash, he/she may be lucky enough to escape with only minor injuries – perhaps just a few scrapes and bruises. But the impact of a car crash can range widely from financial issues to emotional or even physical injuries.
The repercussions of a serious car accident can effect not only you but also family, friends, and communities. Although not easy, people can find a way to cope and rebuild their lives. One step that often proves helpful is to contact a reputable car accident lawyer who holds the knowledge and experience in the field.
Are You Looking for Truck Accident lawyers in lafayette?
It’s a well-known fact that the US economy is heavily dependent on large vehicles such as commercial trucks. Our daily lives, too, depend to a large extent on transport cargo that makes its way across the state. However, trucking comes with its own share of risks, and accidents that take place on roads, highways, and streets often result in serious injuries and death.
The Texas Department of Transportation’s big commercial vehicle crash statistics reveal that 14,299 collisions occurred in 2017 resulting in serious injuries. Big rigs and other large commercial trucks weigh up to 80,000 lbs. Due to their sheer size and weight, truck collisions often result in catastrophic, life-changing injuries or death.
COMMON CAUSES OF TRUCK ACCIDENTS
Work conditions in the trucking industry are highly stressful. Drivers need to operate under tight deadlines. Though the industry is highly regulated, the work conditions are far from conducive.
Some of the most common reasons for truck accidents include –
- Over speeding
- Driving under the influence
- Lack of sleep
- Poor maintenance
- Bad weather,
- Ignoring traffic rules
- Improper road design
- Sharp turns
- Switching lanes without prior indication.
Don’t Wait to Get Started. Let’s Get Together Now.
You can bank on us to resolve complicated cases with ease and efficiency
Why You Should Hire a Truck Accident Attorney in Midland and Odessa
Truck accident and death claims are handled differently from car and bike accident claims. It’s best to hire a specialist truck accident attorney with experience, skill and knowledge of the rules and regulations governing large commercial trucks in order to boost your chances of a successful claim.
Here are some of the most important reasons to hire a truck accident attorney.
- How liability is determined is one of the biggest differentiators between truck accidents and other types of road accidents. For example, in car crashes, only the driver is the liable party. But in truck accidents, the truck driver’s employer, truck manufacturer, owner, government entities, the cargo loading company, truck leasing company etc. can all be held liable.
- For a successful outcome, your attorney needs to negotiate with several other lawyers representing large insurance companies and transport corporations. These people will do everything in their power to reduce the claim value. Only a veteran attorney who has mastered the art of negotiation can ensure a fair compensation.
- A truck accident attorney must possess good understanding of the regulations governing the industry. For instance, the rules require monitoring a truck driver’s activities so that they don’t work beyond their prescribed hours and take adequate rest. It’s also mandatory for them to undergo a prescribed number of training hours before driving commercial trucks. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) seeks data pertaining to systematic inspection, repair, and maintenance of commercial trucks to ensure that these vehicles remain safe. The trucking company is responsible for maintaining these records.
An experienced attorney has detailed knowledge of such laws. S/he also knows what kind of violation could lead to what type of result. A good attorney not only knows the law, but s/he is well aware of how to interpret them correctly.
- An experienced attorney should have a good understanding of how comparative fault laws should be applied in truck accident cases. Like many other states, Texas has also comparative fault law which affects the amount of compensation. This law prohibits the claimant from recovering personal injury compensation if s/he shares more than 50% fault in the accident. If your percentage share is less than 50%, the award is reduced by your percentage point. For example, if your compensation is $50,000 and if you have 15% fault, the amount will be reduced to $35,000. Our truck accident attorneys in Midland and Odessa understand these legal nuances and know how to wade through the complex laws and regulations to obtain a favorable outcome for you.
Why Hire Us?
As we have seen, truck accident claims are complicated. There is no scope of making a mistake if you want legitimate compensation. Truck accident laws can be overwhelming to someone who is not familiar with them. Having a truck injury attorney in Midland and Odessa by your side can help ensure that your interests will be protected.
If you or a loved one has become a victim of a truck accident, get in touch with us as soon as possible. Our lawyers will deal with other attorneys and insurance company officials so that you are free to concentrate on your recovery. They will also investigate and gather evidence to bolster your claim and talk to eyewitnesses. Our team of experienced truck accident attorneys in Midland and Odessa, supported by well-trained paralegal staff, will ensure that you receive the best legal services.
PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS IN MIDLAND AND ODESSA
If you’re looking to hire a reliable truck accident attorney, visit our office or call us now. Our expert lawyers will evaluate your case and offer proper legal guidance. The initial consultation absolutely FREE!
Thinking of meeting us? Don’t forget to bring your documents for review. Our expert lawyers will hear your case and evaluate the nature of your claim.